Aureus Energy Services Inc. is a thriving oilfield company that needed to expand their marketing presence via a strong, branded website redesign and matching print material. Aureus required a site that would clearly outline their services and capabilities while emphasizing their strong maintenance practices, safety programs, and company history.
Key Audience Insights
- Potential clients know the industry; technical jargon is no problem for this audience
- Decision-makers tend to be 30-40% in Calgary, and most will be viewing the site on their office desktops or laptops in the field; site design could take advantage of large images and other conventions optimized for desktop
- Though less important to the core audience, the site needed to be fully functional on mobile devices
- Information regarding safety requirements are crucial for this industry
Resulting Website Strategy
Highlight Aureus’ Differentiators
The homepage was designed around a prominent slideshow system showcasing Aureus equipment out in the field. The homepage sections were chosen to highlight Aureus’ most important brand differentiators: their equipment, safety programs, strong story of company growth, multiple locations, and 24/7 dispatch support.
Increase Marketing Conversions
As a sales tool, the site was designed to more easily convert inquiries into leads via crystal-clear navigation structure, simple declarative sentences, strong calls-to-action, lead generation forms and prominent contact info. Aureus’ Facebook feed was installed in the site footer to encourage and promote engagement.
Large photo assets were included via user-maintainable galleries and slideshows that use automatic resizing for an easy user-experience.
Like most oilfield companies, Aureus is always looking to attract top talent. To this end, nine10 added a careers module to highlight available positions and allow online job applications.
“This is one of the nicest websites in all of Northern Alberta oilfield services! Got the booklets and I [effing] love them! Thanks!”
– Jason Tocheniuk, Aureus Energy Services Inc.