Steve Jobs quotes to inspire and make you smile
From designing circuit boards to the wonder of Pixar’s Toy Story to world of Apple, Steve Jobs left his mark on history as a true icon of the tech industry.
Steve Jobs was a visionary and a creative genius who inspired us with his list of accomplishments and innovative spirit. But he also left us with words of wisdom—as powerful as any of his products.
Today we leave you with 10 memorable Steve Jobs quotes. Write each quote on a post-it, stick a new one to your computer every day, and let some of these “lessons in wisdom” motivate and inspire you.
10 Famous Steve Jobs Quotes:
- I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from non-successful ones is perseverance.
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built they`ll want something new.
- Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things. And the reason they were able to do that was that they’ve had more experiences or they have thought more about their experiences than other people.
- Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.
- I don’t want to see us descend into a nation of bloggers. I think we need editorial oversight now more than ever. Anything we can do to help newspapers find new ways of expression that will help them get paid, I am all for.
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me… Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.
- The cure for Apple is not cost-cutting. The cure for Apple is to innovate its way out of its current predicament.
- That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
- It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy.
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.